HEALTH & SAFETY
We Care For Your Child Like You Do.
The health, safety and security of your child is our top priority. We have strong systems in place that include Nursery protocols and procedures for health, safety and security; staff training for first aid, sanitation, security, facilities management, wellness, medical administration, feeding, diaper changing, and more.
- Our playground equipment is safe and sturdy, and tested monthly by our facilities technicians to ensure it is secure and in good working order.
- We have safe fall-zones with soft landing areas if your child takes a tumble.
- All outside play areas are wrapped in secure fencing.
- All the premises are secured so that only authorised staff and families enter.
- Safe, secure perimeters ensure that children can enjoy outdoor play safely.
- We use safety gates, window guards (except fire escapes) and cap all electrical outlets.
- The Nurseries are equipped with smoke detectors and fire extinguishers.
- We clean each day with safe, non-toxic cleaning products.
- Cleaning supplies are locked safely out of the reach of children.
- We encourage children to wash their hands throughout the day by singing songs and teaching lessons about health and hygiene.
- Diapering is conducted in an area separate from the children’s play areas.
- We assess every child’s health by talking with parents and monitoring our children for symptoms during the course of the day. We increase assessment during flu season.
- We notify parents when a child does not feel well to help prevent an illness from spreading.
- have strict policies for administering medication to the children, only when prescribed by our parents and their doctors.
- Based on new research about healthy practices for infants and toddlers, to ensure your child’s safety, we require a doctor’s note for any prescription or over-the-counter medication if the child is under 2 years of age.
- All medications are dispensed by a qualified in-house Nurse.
- We have emergency evacuation protocols at each branch.
- We don’t just have a plan, we regularly test and train our staff so they are evacuation ready.
- All perishable food is refrigerated.
- Our menu is planned by a registered dietitian so your child eats nutritious foods.
- We welcome breastfeeding mothers, and we have careful policies separating breast and formula milk.
- We have specially designed buses with seats and safety restraints.
- Our drivers undergo stringent testing and are trained in defensive driving skills.
- We have RTA certified Female Bus Assistants on board.
- We only allow pre-approved people with photo identification to collect your child from the nursery.